Sunday, September 16, 2012

Slam-Packed September

Time is marching on, and just about every weekend this month is booked solid.

At the end of August, I went to LibrariCon, which was a fun afternoon spent along side local 501st, Rebel Legion, and Mandalorian Mercs.  If you'd like to see photos from that, you can see them here: [link]

Last weekend was the first ever Escapist Expo, put on by the magazine by the same name.  I attended Saturday, and my friends and I had a 'Hipster Avengers' group.  I was Black Window.  We're talking about expanding and revising our group at another convention, so we'll see.  All in all, aside from a few snags, I had a great time with both old and new friends.

This upcoming weekend, on the 22nd, is Heroes, Villains, and Special Effects.  It'll be a great meet-and-greet with tons of characters in costume, including members of the 501st Legion.  I will be in attendance, helping out those in costume.  On the 23rd, I have a meeting with the costuming group known as the 105th Carolina Corp of Engineers.  We'll be discussing various official issues, including a possible workshops and classes.  Some of which may even be livestreamed or posted online.  Those details, however, will be worked out in detail at the meeting.

At the end of the month, I'll be heading to Atlanta, GA for Anime Weekend Atlanta.  It's been years since I've been, and I'm certainly looking forward to seeing friends like Fev as well as competing in the costuming contest.

This, combined with my commissions, filming tutorials/demos/reviews, and working on a few things for myself... let's just say it was a wonder I have time to eat and sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment