Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Warming the Heart though Time

Checked my emailed this evening and spotted this from Kodak. I couldn't help but smile.



Love and Laughter



I found this picture of my parents in a box of old photos. It so perfectly captures their relationship then, as newlyweds, and throughout their 50 plus years marriage - love, laughter and joy in being with each other. I can only assume another family member took the shot, perhaps one of my Dad's brothers, shortly after my father's discharge from the army in 1946, at Brighton Beach in Brooklyn, NY.
Anybody that knows me knows that I'm a nut for the 1940s, and those two, so happy together and having spent their lives together is a beautiful, real life fairy tale. That photo certainly deserves the recognition.

No comments:

Post a Comment