Friday, September 11, 2009

Dragon*Con - not a 'Con' But an Experience

Wow. Just wow...

I thought I'd been to large cons before. Those were NOTHING in comparison. I've always wanted to go to D*C but it certainly went well beyond what I thought Dragon*Con would be by any stretch of my imagination. My friends and I stayed at the Marriot and even though it was the party hotel, I think I want to stay there again.

Being that I'm moving from my apartment in Savannah, GA, I really regret that I didn't have a sketch book with me or a sample of my work to show folks. However, thanks to Digital Portfolio I did at least have my cards and what not to hand out.

Now, a week out from the con, I have to say to anyone and everyone just one thing - If you have the chance to go, DO SO! I was worried that I wouldn't feel like I'd get my money's worth considering what I usually do at cons, but trust me, Dragon*Con was priceless.

I met a lot of great people, even if I did come home with a viral stow away, and got a lot of good information from fellow artists. The folks at Studio Revolver and Gaijin Studios were awesome! Plus, Steve Scott and Nathan Massengill were awesome too.

I'm looking forward to having my own table for next year!

In the meanwhile, I'll be Climbing the Mount with Cpt. Kirk. You should too.

No comments:

Post a Comment