Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Classes are in and Spirits are High

So Beginning Yesterday, I began taking the course to bartend. Now, anyone that knows me certainly is giving me funny looks right now. I by no means like alcohol, but I love people and love to talk, so why not.

Besides, I have equipment to buy and the Holiday season is coming. Plus, I by no means mind working on holidays.

I've learned a TON. Yesterday we covered Cream Drinks and today the crazy world of Shooters.

I'm headed off to the bowling alley to watch my brother. In the meantime, I have flash cards of all these drinks and Liqueurs to make.

The Shooters are a bit tricker since they're so many and I've gotten in the habit of working with the Cream based drinks. I'm not too worried though, it's just remembering that it's 2 oz. instead of 3 oz. It's just a matter of getting the hang of it, and that'll happen with practice.


Though, I have to say, I kind of want to try making myself a B-53. Sounds pretty tastie, and it looks really pretty, too. If I had everything, I'd totally do it, but I think I'm short 1 ingredient.

No comments:

Post a Comment